Not much is going on in the NBA and I'm bored. So I'm just going to post a few thoughts I've had about the NBA
1. I was thinking about the worst starting front court in the NBA (as of now) and I had a hard time ranking the Sixers with the other starting PF/C combos:
Charlotte- Bismack Biyombo and Tyrus Thomas
Cleveland- Tristan Thompson and Anderson Varejao
Philadelphia- Kwame Brown and Spencer Hawes
Sacramento- Jason Thompson and DeMarcus Cousins
It's funny how the Sixers could possibly have the worst starting front court, not have any players average 20+ ppg, and still make the playoffs. Not sure if the Sixers wings are good or if the rest of the East sucks.
2. Daryl Morey is considered a genius but time will tell if he really is. One one hand he acquired 3 first round picks in the 2012 draft, received a guaranteed lottery pick from Toronto for Kyle Lowry, and is one of the main contenders for the Dwight Howard sweepstakes. On the other hand he got rid of Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola, Goran Dragic and Samuel Dalembert and invested $50 million in Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin. Either way, the Rockets are going to be a really ugly team next year.
3. I don't know what Boston's plan is. They've invested a little more than $120 million over the next 3 years in Kevin Garnett, Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, Jason Terry, and Courtney Lee. This isn't a group that will win a championship but they couldn't wait around for next year's free agent class to spend their money. I don't know what I would have done. At least they'll field a competitive team next year.
4. I hope Raymond Felton will be bad as he was last year. Look at his numbers:
I'm not the biggest fan of Jeremy Lin and I think he was overpaid, but this is a huge downgrade for the Knicks.
5. Billy King is a winner in my mind. Billy King fulfilled his major goal this season which was to re-sign Deron Williams. Who cares if the Nets will have to pay steep luxury tax penalties for the next 5 years? Who cares if they overpaid Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson? Who cares if this team isn't a championship contender? As far as I'm concerned Billy King did his job. He brought in a decent team next year that will fill the seats and win plenty of games. Getting Dwight Howard for the slow and overpaid Brook Lopez will just be icing on the cake.
6. Last year the Clippers traded away Baron Davis and an unprotected lottery pick which ended up being Kyrie Irving for Mo Williams. I think the move saved them about $8 million over the course of two years. If Donald Sterling lets CP3 walk or trades him in order to avoid the luxury tax, the city of LA should riot while I ignore the disappointment of my team and laugh at the pain of others.
7. Altanta got rid of Joe Johnso two years after giving him a ridiculous contract. The Sixers had to pay Elton Brand for 5 years and take on an additional $6.65 million (Nocioni's 2nd year) in order to rid themselves of Dalembert's expiring contract. Life is not fair.
9. It must suck to be a Bulls fan. Derrick Rose might not be back till the All-Star Break and it's very doubtful that he'll be back 100%, they lost CJ Watson to the Nets, Luol Deng is delaying his wrist surgery in order to play in the Olympics, and their starting back court on opening day will be Kirk Heinrich and Richard Hamilton.I still think they'll manage a better record than the Sixers.
10. What was Washington thinking? The Hornets are a lucky team, first they botch the CP3 trade then get bailed out by the commissioner, gets the #1 overall pick (wink wink) and then was able to rid themselves of two bad contracts. Their 4 core players (Anderson, Eric Gordon, Austin Rivers, and Anthony Davis) are all 25 or younger. The only move I didn't understand was trading away Jarret Jack for nothing.
11. Does anyone have an extra $5,000-10,000 they can let me have in order to have Allen Iverson speak at my family dinner?
12. Recently I changed my profile pic to a picture of Steve Buscemi. Now when I type I hear Steve Busmeci's voice reading back what I wrote. Is this weird or should I just keep things the way they are?