|Lakers vs 76ers coverage|
|Location: Wells Fargo Center|
|Time: February 6th, 2012, 7:00 PM Eastern|
|Channel: CSN, NBA League Pass|
|Derek Fisher||PG||Jrue Holiday|
|Kobe Bryant||SG||Jodie Meeks|
|Metta World Peace||SF||Andre Iguodala|
|Pau Gasol||PF||Lavoy Allen|
|Andrew Bynum||C||Spencer Hawes|
|Advanced Stats: (league rankings)|
|101.4 (13)||Off||104.2 (6)|
|97.8 (10)||Def||92.7 (1)|
|48.5% (13)||eFG%||50.1% (8)|
|45.2% (3)||deFG%||44.9% (2)|
|14.2% (14)||TOR||10.7% (1)|
|27.4% (12)||ORR||22.3% (30)|
|73.3% (17)||DRB||75.2% (9)|
|29.7% (12)||FTR||23.0% (29)|
Mortal Enemies: Silver Screen and Roll
Some bullet points. Read my game preview for the rest.
- Elton Brand, who had struggled in the previous 2 years against the big Lakers front court, will miss his second consecutive game. Lavoy Allen will start in his place once again.
- Gasol is going to be a very tough cover for Lavoy and Thad when he's at the 4. I wouldn't expect to see much of Thad at the 4 when both Bynum and Gasol are in the game together.
- Thad is going to have to stay with Troy Murphy on the perimeter when the two are matched up. Murphy is the Lakers only real three point threat.
- The Sixers should single cover Kobe and double the post. The Lakers are 25th in the league in three pointers made and 28th in three point percentage, and the Sixers have given up the 2nd least three pointers in the league.
- Last year Iguodala held Kobe to 21 points and 3 assists per game.
- The Lakers are last in the league in forcing opponents turnovers. The Sixers are best in the league (history) in taking care of the ball. That should be a clear advantage for the Sixers.
- Metta World Peace appears to have the starting SF position on lock down, despite averaging 3.3 points per game on 35.7% shooting in over 27 minutes per game as a starter. Despite that, his size could be a problem if Jrue or Jodie have to guard him. This might be a game where we need heavy minutes from Turner and low minutes for the Lou/Jodie backcourt tandem.