Welcome to another edition of the Liberty Links Lounge.
It's been a rough couple of games since the exciting season opener win against the Denver Nuggets. Some miscellaneous thoughts before the links:
- Bynum can't get here fast enough. Like Mike said, I wish we could just fast forward to when he gets healthy.
- The Knicks look better than expected. Boo.
- Nick Young's having a real rough start to the season. Part of that is his "questionable" (generously put) shot selection. Part of that is that some of his shots just aren't falling. I think he'll turn it around soon.
- Evan Turner had a not terrible game against the Hornets. Progress!
- Jrue Holiday through 4 games: 18.0 ppg, 9.5 apg, (5.0 topg), 54.4% true shooting percentage, 18.3 PER, 0.127 WS/48 (h/t Derek). Ho-hum. Would like to see those turnovers go down though.
- Hahahahahahaha Kwame started a game already.
- Too much Damien Wilkins / Royal Ivey. Not enough Arnett Moultrie / Maalik Wayns.
- Speaking of Wayns, he looks like he's trying to do much in the limited minutes he's getting. Stick to pushing the ball and creating for others instead of forcing shots, Sheep!
- Celtics tonight. O/U on illegal screens set by KG - 6.5. O/U on ones actually called? 0.5.
I'll take "Weird motivation techniques" for 600, Alex.
EVERYONE CHILL OUT
Eddie Jordan - Never Forget
LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU should of kept!!!!!
Hey look the Sixers have some of those!
You're killing us, Swaggy.
FUN FACT: (per Reuben Frank, re: Sixers-Hornets game)
Last time the 76ers' franchise scored <80 points & won by >10 was Jan 28, 1954 - Syracuse Nationals 79, Knicks 66 at Onondaga County Arena.
(Click to enlarge)
Sixers @ Knicks 11/04/12
Knicks @ Sixers 11/05/12
Sixers @ Hornets 11/07/12
REMINDER - RULES OF THE THREAD: As long as you keep it clean (no cursing and please remember to bathe before threading) and avoid touchy subjects like religion/politics/etc, it's fair game. It's your thread - use it as you see fit.
Now, discuss! Happy Friday!