Welcome to another edition of the Liberty Links Lounge.
Well, so much for that mildly impressive three game road trip. Dropping two games to the Bucks and Pistons at home is less than ideal, but the Sixers have a chance to stop the bleeding tonight against the Jazz. Hopefully they'll find a way to shoot higher than 30% this time. Some thoughts before the links:
- Andrew Bynum. Your hair is... awesome and we miss you. It's a shame we won't get to see you play until probably January at the earliest.
- All is right in the world: the Sixers sit at .500 and The Quest for Mediocracy continues.
- Speaking of 500, Mr. 500 has been struggled so far this season. Hopefully Lavoy Allen can turn things around and build off an improved performance against the Pistons.
- There's nothing I love more (besides a healthy Bynum) than an aggressive Jrue Holiday attacking the basket like he has. Great stuff.
- Evan Turner continues to be frustrating. What's new?
- Really liked how Jason Richardson was fired up in that Bucks game. Didn't mind his 360 dunk either.
- You really just gotta learn to live and die by the Swag (Nick Young) at this point.
- It's officially less than a month from the day Spencer Hawes can be traded. Just sayin'.
- Maalik Wayns, where art thou preseason form?
- The New York Knicks are 6-0. wut
- Got some EXCLUSIVE Sixers news breaking at LB very soon. Stay tuned!
- Jazz tonight. No word if Kenny G will be at the game. Keep an eye out for the game preview and make sure to join us for discussion in the Game Thread tonight.
"All the Sixers can hope is Bynum returns strong enough to allow them to make an easy decision next summer. Of course, if he gets hurt again, that would make for an easy decision, too."
Bynum: Latest timetable is not a setback - CSN Philly
Well, this was a surprise. Looks like the Sixers weren't being as honest as some believed.
Derek takes an extensive look at how Jrue has been able to take his game to a higher level.
Jrue has looked great so far this season, but he needs to cut down on those excessive turnovers.
Doug Collins says the Sixers need more energy and need to figure out who they are.
Should of kept Lou Williams! (Not really)
"Evan Turner is in his third season with the Sixers and fans are still waiting for him to be more productive. He and coach Doug Collins have been trying to figure out his role on the team."
"According to Yahoo! Sports, you could have purchased a pair of tickets to Wednesday's Sixers-Pistons game at the Wells Fargo Center for a dime apiece on StubHub."
Here's video of Greg Monroe's one-eyed foul shot make against the Sixers.
For all your fantasy basketball needs.
Not missin u.
FUN FACT: (per Tom Moore)
Thehave attempted 20-plus 3-pointers 4 times in 7 games this season after doing so 3 times in 66 games last year.
Sixers @ Celtics 11/09/12
Sixers @ Raptors - 11/10/12
Sixers vs Bucks - 11/12/12
Sixers vs Pistons - 11/14/12
Despite what you might hear, this game never actually happened.
REMINDER - RULES OF THE THREAD: As long as you keep it clean (no cursing and please remember to bathe before threading) and avoid touchy subjects like religion/politics/etc, it's fair game. It's your thread - use it as you see fit.
Now, discuss! Happy Friday!