Better late than never, that's what I always say (it's true, those are the only words that ever exist my mouth region). It was 11 months ago that we at Liberty Ballers presented you readers with a chance to get in on the fun; to predict various final outcomes for the 2010-2011 Philadelphia 76ers season. Yes, it's true that the Sixers' season ended about 4 months ago (at least that's what sources close to me are saying) but saving these results for now was all a master plan in anticipation of the lag period during this Katherine Heigl-esque (because it's horrible and annoying) LOCKOUT.
Before we get to the winner, here are the 10 questions we asked you readers to predict the answers for:
1) How many wins will the 76ers have?
2) How many times will the 76ers cover the spread?
3) Who will lead the 76ers in Points Per Game?
4) Who will lead the 76ers in Rebounds Per Game?
5) Who Will lead the 76ers in Assists Per Game?
6) Who will be the first 76er to be traded?
7) What will Elton Brand's point and rebound average total?
8) How many games will Andre Iguodala have at least 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists?
9) What position will the Sixers finish in the Eastern Conference?
10) What will Evan Turner's point, rebound, and assist average total?
There were also a tie-breaker category consisting of 5 general NBA questions. Seeing as there wasn't a need for a tie-breaker, I don't think those need to be posted. Check back at the original post if you're interested.
The official answers, who got each question right, and the final winner after the J...
1) How many wins will the 76ers have? 41 - Tron79
2) How many times will the 76ers cover the spread? 45 - hart ford, yosoysean
3) Who will lead the 76ers in Points Per Game? Elton Brand - Primoz4Breakfast?
4) Who will lead the 76ers in Rebounds Per Game? Elton Brand - Too many to list. Just know the winner got it right
5) Who will lead the 76ers in Assists Per Game? Jrue Holiday - Everybody except for Derek (Dre) and IverSun (Dre)
6) Who will be the first 76er to be traded? None - hart ford
7) What will Elton Brand's point and rebound average total? 23.3 (15.0 pts, 8.3 rebs) - SixersfanGSL (23.3 - I'm absurdly impressed)
8) How many games will Andre Iguodala have at least 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists? 6 - hart ford
9) What position will the Sixers finish in the Eastern Conference? 7 - Daniel Abelson, Tron79, RickoT, robdougherty1, SixersfanGSL (nobody got it exact, they all said 8)
10) What will Evan Turner's point, rebound, and assist average total? 13.1 - Jordan Sams (14)
Now that you know what the actual answers are to the questions, it's time to announce the winner...
He's a man who participated in many game threads throughout the season (we encourage that). He's a man who was filled with many witty remarks, play on words, and borderline offensive comments (which I always am a fan of). He narrowly beat out Bethlehem, PA's very own Tron79 by one point. Let's all give a round of applause and Brad Pitt from "Burn After Reading" dance for the first ever winner of the LB Sixers Predicition Contest......... hart ford!
Our very own hart ford connected on 5 of the 10 categories (2, 4, 5, 6, and 9) to secure his domination over the rest of us. But what does he get from winning this thing? Well, he's got two choices. He can send me an e-mail with his address and I'll personally send him a Liberty Ballers t-shirt of his choice. The second option is that I will allow him to video tape himself singing either a Phil Collins, Limp Bizkit, or Color Me Bad song and it will be posted for everyone to see during the LOCKOUT. Tough choice, I know. Who knew winning something would bring more indecision and stress than glee?
To those of you who didn't win (including myself), step your game up for next season. Round 2 could be a couple months or a year from now, so get to researching like you Fantasy Football junkies. Until then, keep on grinding during this boring time period. At least football is starting?