Philadelphia 76ers (0-1)
Phoenix Suns (0-1)
TV: Comcast SportsNet, NBA League Pass Channel 7
When it's at: 9:00 EST
Where it's at: US Airways Center
Vegas Line: 1 (Sixers)
A Fun Site for Suns Info: Bright Side Of The Sun
Let's make it a special occasion tonight and get the first win of the year!
As the Sixers make their one and only trip to Phoenix this year, here's a few things to keep an eye on:
- Evan Turner. Last year in Phoenix was when Turner had his first 20 point game (23 points on 12 shots), making him an automatic all-star. With the aggressive Turner displayed in getting to the basket against Portland, I expect some big things from him against the defensively lacking Suns squad.
- Jrue Holiday. Everybody's favorite "sweet boy" struggled in the first game of the season. He was getting beat defensively by Raymond Felton, who he repeatedly seems to have trouble with. Equally as important for Jrue tonight will be his ability to take care of the basketball. If he can lead the Sixers on a relatively low turnover night, I'd expect a Sixers win.
- Will Marreese Speights or rookie Nikola Vucevic see some floor time? Spencer Hawes, Elton Brand, and Thaddeus Young took all of the post minutes against the Blazers. With the uptempo style the Suns have played with over the past decade, I wouldn't be surprised if Doug Collins used a deeper bench with the big guys tonight.
- The Sixers ability to get to the rim. A game removed from one in which they took far too many long 2's, I expect the Sixers to attack the basket early and often. Holiday should have no trouble finding holes against the not quite all-NBA defender Steve Nash which should open up plenty of opportunities for surrounding players. With the lack of pure jump-shooters on this roster, getting to the cup is of the utmost importance.
- Will there be Natalie Portman or Mila Kunis pictures posted in the GameThread?