Happy Hump Day, MC Hammerses! I know it's early, but I'm concocting (h/t Prideoux) a long, thoughtful, and error-riddled piece on what to expect for this season. Put that in your tickle files for another day.
If you've been in a coma this offseason -- a likely story -- you've missed out on a few things. For our hibernating friends, I will outline those events in bullet point format and shameless self-promotion! Raise your hand if you've read all of these. The Blog Czars don't count. Go!
- Eddie Jordan was fired. Relive the thread.
- The First-Annual Jodies were distributed.
- Presumably, you all bought your "I Survived the Eddie Jordan Era" T-Shirts at 12:01 on the first day.
- We thought Larry Brown would butt his way in as coach.
- We made a lot of big boards.
- The Lottery brought us good fortune.
- Tanner hand-delivered us this gem.
- Derek rocked the combine.
- Jordan debated with himself.
- Doug Collins got all hired and stuff.
- The First-Annual Rickos were distributed and internationally praised.
- Hey, we got ourselves a regional site! Now we're as good as the Dallas-Fort Worth area!
- Samuel Dalembert was traded for Spencer Hawes and Andres Nocioni. Thoughts ensued.
- I bonded with Evan Turner in a media day elevator, then with a microphone.
- Then we drafted him...
...While I was bonding some more, shaking in my credentialed boots at the NBA Draft.
- TAFKAMB, jsams, and tsteidel died in a fire of irresponsibility and youthful vigor. Grizzled, wizened, and hardened veterans emerged like Phoenixes. Phoenices? Phoeni? Feeney?
- The summer league came.
- The summer league went.
This has actually been a pretty cool offseason, looking back on it from the midway point. While there's a lot of time left to make a few moves, I expect this to be more or less the team you'll see take the court come late October. How many wins does that mean to you? What should be the goal of this season? Answer in the poll, comment in the comments. Be sure to differentiate what you think will happen and what you think should happen.
Thanks for coming along for the ride, folks and folkettes.
Gun to your head, how many wins? After voting, please put the gun down.
0-25 -- I admire your optimism. (20 votes)
26-35 -- Finished with 27 last year. The cozy 6-10 lotto spot. (82 votes)
36-45 -- Mediocrity always reads me bedtime stories. (192 votes)
46-55 -- Your mouse may be malfunctioning. (30 votes)
56-82 -- The polling equivalent of commenting "FIRST!" (9 votes)
333 total votes